Hours of Service: A Drivers Guide and DVD Training
Shows drivers how to meet logging requirements under the current HOS rule.
J. J. Keller's Hours of Service: A Driver's Guide, Third Edition is for property-carrying vehicles and covers the "hows" and "whys" of logging, and clearly explains the requirements (including the sleeper-berth option and short-haul provision) under DOT's current HOS rule.
Hours of Service: A Driver's Guide, Third Edition is available on DVD.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Driving Rules
- Completing the Daily Log
- 100 Air-Mile Radius Exemption
- The Record of Duty Status
- Animated Logging Examples
- Sleeper Berth Exception - 2005 Rule Changes
- Review of the 11-Hour and 14-Hour Rules
- 16-Hour Short-Haul Exception
- 150 Air-Mile Short Haul Exemption - 2005 Rule Change
- 60/70 Hour Rules
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
This program includes several ready-to-use training tools:
- (1) 20-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructor's Guide - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Review key points and include a quiz to check trainees’ understanding of the material.
- (1) Training Register - Helps trainers record essential details.
- (1) Driver Training Log Book - Helps trainees record essential details.
- (2) Awareness Posters - Hang in a break room or training area to remind drivers that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- (10) Hours of Service Comparison Cards - Compares old regs with the current regs.